Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- People’s Action affiliates around the country have pledged to stage public events every Tuesday in resistance to President Donald Trump’s agenda and to strengthen our movement for a people-and-planet agenda that serves the needs of all people, not just the wealthy and powerful.
- With the second day of his confirmation hearings underway, join national and local efforts to keep Neil Gorsuch from being confirmed to the nation’s highest court.
Says People for the American, the group behind StopGorsuch.com: “Supreme Court justices should understand that the Constitution protects all of us, not just the wealthy and privileged. But Donald Trump has nominated Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, a judge whose record does not demonstrate respect for our constitutional values of liberty, equality, and justice for all.”
- Call your U.S. Senators and tell them you oppose Gorsuch
- Read the Indivisible Guide’s “” resource page.
- Join the and campaigns both nationally and in your local community. Resources .
- Today’s Daily Action is to insist that your Senators either postpone Neil Gorsuch’s hearing or vote no on his nomination to the Supreme Court. Yesterday, FBI Director James Comey testified under oath that the FBI had begun investigating the collusion between Trump’s campaign and Russia in the run-up to the election. They began last July, and the fact that they are still at it eight months later speaks volumes. The Senate should not confirm the lifetime appointments of a President whose very legitimacy is being investigated by the FBI.
- . Win or lose, we shouldn’t go down without a fight. Call (844) 241-1141 now!
- using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- (or whatever name GOP wants to use). More resources .
- Indivisible has provides additional resources and information .
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ” also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ” on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join “Ready to Resist” Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Our work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to republish and share widely.