Now, apparently, Thomas has changed his mind. The reason? Well, his daughter asked him to. The future royal’s father told TMZ Tuesday that he now wants to go to the royal wedding after Meghan reached out. According to Thomas, Meghan tried calling him on Monday but he missed the call. Prince Harry’s fiancé then reportedly sent a text saying that she loved him, was concerned about his health, and “harbors no ill feelings toward him” about those staged photos.
So, with Meghan’s wishes, Thomas reportedly now wants to travel to England for his daughter’s wedding—but there’s a new complication that could stand in his way. The 73-year-old told TMZ that he had a heart attack last week, and was once again experiencing chest pains that have him back in the hospital. He’s hoping to get out of the hospital Wednesday to fly to England, but doesn’t know if doctors will release him in time.
Click Here: pandora Bracelets
“I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle,” he reportedly told TMZ. “I’d like to be a part of history.”
RELATED: All the Things Meghan Markle Will Give Up to Marry Prince Harry
As for his oldest daughter Samantha, who has made numerous media appearances since Meghan’s engagement was announced, Thomas said that she has no real relationship with Meghan and knows nothing about Meghan’s relationship with Prince Harry, so that settles that.
Thomas also added, “I don’t think the queen is thinking about what I’m doing,” in regards to whether or not he’ll be attending the wedding. Considering the worldwide headlines that this story has landed, something tells us otherwise.