Friday, April 14, 2017
- At a local forum, hold your representative or senator to account on issues from the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to the fight for universal healthcare to President Trump’s military escalation in Syria.
- Click here to find a town hall taking place near you.
- If your lawmakers are missing-in-action, find a creative way to highlight their absenteeism.
- Tomorrow, people will march on Washington, D.C. and around the country to ask Donald Trump: What are you hiding?
- Trump’s missile strike “violates some of the most important legal constraints on the use of force.”
- Call members of Congress (202-224-3121) and the White House (202-456-1111. ) Demand U.S. negotiations, not war, with Syrian & Russian governments.
- Tell Congress: Cancel recess and vote on Trump’s war in Syria.
- Tell Congress: Any debate over Syria must start with accepting refugees who make it through our time-tested and thorough vetting process.
- Take action: Stop U.S. from making #Syria war even worse. Tell Congress: Don’t let the U.S. escalate the war in Syria.
- This week, we learned more details about the Trump administration’s immigrant crackdown and burgeoning deportation force.
- Tell Congress not to fund these cruel plans. #NoRaids
- Join the ACLU’s People Power campaign to help stop courthouse raids and save families from being broken apart.
- Scott Pruitt’s EPA is seeking public comment on its aggressive rollback of climate and pollution regulations that protect public health and the environment. Go ahead, tell them what you really think.
- Leave a comment on the public docket.
- If you are in the Washington, D.C. area, attend a public hearing on the regulation reform at EPA headquarters on April 25.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ” also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ” on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join “Ready to Resist” Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Our work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to republish and share widely.